There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Power of Two, To or Too

The grape harvest is finished and I am now harvesting pecans. I am in a race against the squirrels to see who will collect the most. I have a bumper crop this year, that's the good news. The bad news is I have a bumper crop because my pecan tree knows it is dying and is trying to reproduce before time runs out.

After a morning of bending and picking up nuts, persperation running down my face, knees and everywhere in-between I dove in the pool to cool down. I lay on my float, hat sheilding my face from the sun, letting my thoughts wander down back alleys and behind closed doors. I started thinking about my blog and the name I had chosen for it, Fruit to Nuts, written as Fruit2Nuts for the Html. My brain began drifting around the words, to, two and too. In my blog title I have it as, to, meaning from the grape vine to the nut tree. Then I thought how the meaning would change if I put in Two. But would the two refer to two trees, two squirrels, two nuts, what? And if I changed it to Too, would I mean too many squirrels, too many trees or heaven forbid, too many pecans, because we all know there is no such thing as too many pecans in a southern home. It would be like a sugarholic having too many cookies in their underwear drawer.

Well I have to go and brush out my big Angel. It doesn't seem to matter how often I brush her and swifter the floors, the fur keeps falling out in large tumble weeds, it is a never ending battle. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I see, you think too much too..... That is the reason I can't sleep so well at night. It is finally quiet enough for me to sleep, yet my brain can't stop long enough to sleep. So I contemplate all sorts of things at that time of the day/ or night.lol. But, one good thing that come from not sleeping , is that I can usually solve problems that may be bugging me during the day. With successful results!

    ReplyDelete