Monday, January 11, 2010

Am I Stupid?

Last night I went on the website, E-mails From Crazy People, one of the off-beat websites my daughter introduced me to this past year. In the side bar was a link to an on-line quiz, Are you Stupid? I was curious, what kind of questions would be on such a quiz? Would it prove I was off-balance? Normal? In my own world? I clicked on the link.

It instructed me to answer a series of questions. They seemed innocent enough. I finished the first twenty. Now, the quiz asked me for personal information in order to get my score results. I became a little leery. I tried to by-pass the personal info without success. I decided to give false info in an effort to fool the quiz masters. I became Lucius Malfoy living at 23 Hogwarts Lane. I clicked continue. It said there were errors on the page. I rechecked the information fields. Lucius was accepted, Oxford California was O.K. The Hogwarts Lane and bogus zip did not. I finally made it to the next series of questions. Every time I finished a series of questions I was asked for personal info, e-mail address, cell phone number etc. I gave bogus info for each.

To make a long quiz short, it kept leading me in circles, promising to give me my score after answering their questions about my shopping habits and cell phone carrier. Now, I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack but what does my cell phone carrier have to do with my stupid score? By the time I said the @$#%^&#$ with this it didn't matter what my stupid score was, I felt plenty stupid without the score.

1 comment:

  1. I have done that, and almost fell for the "enter your personal info" thingy...just to find out....that not only do they give the same score to you no matter what you answer, but then you are spammed for months with ridiculous stuff just by doing so...
    but your post, like all the others I have read from you, made me chuckle to the point of tears.....sorry for laughing at your plight!....but you truly are a wonderful, funny writer....

    ReplyDelete