Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentines Day From The Big Apple

Once again romance is in the air hovering over The Big Apple.  While couples and loved ones spend oodles of money on flowers, peach roses are my personal favorite, gourmet dinners by candle light and over-sized boxes of chocolates,  a few lucky New Yorkers will be touring the sewage treatment plant in Brooklyn's Greenpoint section.

Last year the Department of Environmental Protection opened the plant for one tour on Valentines Day.  It was so popular they decided to offer it again this year, expanding the tour groups from one to three.  During last years tour, the energetic plant supervisor announced that the digestive egg was going to show off how it worked.  The egg then gave the group a hearty belch emitting a very foul odor.

I don't know about you, but I would much prefer a tour of a rose garden, a bakery or even a firehouse to a sewage treatment plant.  Yes, they are very necessary but like bare bottoms, I don't really need to see them.  Well, there might be a few bare buttocks I wouldn't mind looking at, we just won't mention whose.

Tomorrow night I will be dinning out with my Valentine.  I expect I'll see a bouquet of roses and a silly card while I eat a piece of the candy I bought myself.  Until next time, remember, you don't have to wait for Valentines Day to show and tell your loved ones you care.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment